Welcome to The Onesha Creative/Freelancer Network Whatsapp group. The group is made up of some of our active & top creatives/freelancers on the Onesha platform, you can introduce yourself to the community. We have freelancers & creatives represented from around 5 African countries.
At Onesha, we are building a Scalable cross border marketplace for SMEs to affordably HIRE & PAY Top African freelancers & creatives who are SKILLED, VETTED and TRAINED; Supported at scale by a trusted, cross-border and secure Onesha payments escrow infrastructure to send payments to freelancers, and freelancers to receive payments on time, anywhere in Africa.
Here is a breakdown of the activities taking place in the group:
1. CREATIVE PROJECTS DAY – Featuring work from creatives in this group and peer reviewing it. This will cover all sectors.
2. ONESHA CLIENT FEATURES PROJECTS – Featuring some projects done by our select creatives for some clients in our network
3. CREATIVES PROFILE FEATURE – Featuring a creative from this group with a core focus on their work and passion
4. GLOBAL PROJECTS FEATURE – Review of interesting work done by various agencies around the world
5. ARTICLE CONTRIBUTIONS – We will be inviting some of you to contribute to our blog
6. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS – We will speak on various industry current events and share our views or insights on topics related to the events
1. Always keep to the purpose of the group. Don’t share irrelevant messages about other topics. Share anything related to the creative Industry in Africa and around the world.
2. Don’t spam the group. If you would like a group to share memes, adverts or deals with then set one up for that exact purpose and invite others to join. Don’t post the invitation link to the group. First contact group admin to request permission for this stating why you need people to join the group and offer a clear value proposition
3. Don’t be offended if others leave. Do politely excuse yourself before you leave a group.
4. Post your message in one single chunk of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message. If sharing portfolio, use a PDF file to share in the group, otherwise, we recommend sharing links to your portfolio site
6. Participate in the group chat and occasionally respond with something to remove the stalker vibe that inevitably develops.
7. Try not to have long one-on-one conversations in the group. Switch to private messages.
8. If a message asks for a positive response like an RSVP, don’t reply in the negative. Only say if you are able to attend. Don’t double RSVP if a second call to action is sent out for the same event.
9. If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply.
10. The group is not a political platform. No arguing, no heated opinions, no fear-mongering, no hyped-up drama, no fake news. Check your sources before you share. Keep things civil.
11. Don’t use the group to berate someone else or air grievances. If you have an issue address it one on one with the relevant person.
12. Don’t send data-insensitive messages. No-one wants their last 3GB used up on uninvited memes.
13. Only Onesha admins are allowed to add creatives to the group, unless a link has been shared to you to invite someone to the group, please don’t send invites.
14. Do not Change Group Name & Icon: Members are prohibited from changing group name and group icon. Only admins will do it as and when necessary.
15. Avoid spamming group members with unnecessary messages that maybe offensive to them in their DMs, such individuals will be reported and removed from the group.
16. HAVE FUN, LET’S CREATE JOBS, SHARE OPPORTUNITIES AND LET’S GROW THE ONESHA CREATIVE NETWORK TO BE THE MOST IMPACTFUL COMMUNITY OF CREATIVES IN KENYA.
Have a good day!